Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Week with Uncle Alan... aka "Gruncle" (great uncle)

Let's hear it for those Bravos!!!

Christy and Andy's birthday present to Louie was an evening out to see the Braves. We got to Turner Field early enough to eat and tailgate... then when we got to the stadium we realized how awesome our seats where!


Yes, we sat this close to the field

A much deserved date night

I LOVE this couple... they are so cute!
Crazy Sisters

















Labor Day

Labor day consisted of lunch, a short visit to Nonnie's pool (because it was kept raining), then BBQ and game night at our house. What family get together is complete without a competitive board game or two?! We Raciti/Trovato/Banes' sure know how its done. 






Day Trip to Serenbe, Georgia

Situated 30 minutes south of Atlanta Hartsfield Int'l Airport there is a small community in the Chattahoochee Hills called Serenbe. This is national model for the future of balanced development in the U.S.—focusing on land preservation, agriculture, energy efficiency, green building, walkability, high density building, arts and culture, and community living for multiple generations. It is also the location of the HGTV Green Home that was recently built and given away to a lucky couple. We really wanted to tour the home, but unfortunately it was not open to tours this weekend. We did spend some time touring the village and checked out their farmers market and shops.

Blue Eyed Daisy Bakeshop - Winner of Food Networks Cupcake Challange

Mommy, I want this one




Enjoyed a great sandwhich lunch

In the courtyard of the village - perfect photo op


Nonnie makes a purchase of organic eggplants and peppers 

I was wowed by this Bocce ball court in the enter of the town 
Shops near the residential part of town




Couldn't resist capturing this colorful scene... Bella was ticked pink thinking these glass garden mushrooms were lollipops... she didn't want to take my word for it...she had to test them for herself 

 


Our visit ended with a long rain shower - we had made plans to visit the Farmhouse Inn that was a bed and breakfast, but the rain and the fact that there was a wedding being set up we decided against peaking in.

Grandparent's Day

Yesterday we all laid hands on Nonnie for support during her anointing ceremony at church. Next week she will have back surgery to correct her spinal placement of the X-stop. I was moved not only by ceremony, but by the overwhelming feeling of outreach where the entire church prayed over her.  We all cannot bear to see her in such discomfort and pain - I have faith this surgery will help correct the problem.

As a small gift for all the grand/great grand parents I handmade some keepsake memory books. In the letter I wrote to them that went along with this gift I explained, "this keepsake memory book enables you to share with her your lifetime memories as well as provide the opportunity to inspire her with your experiences and accomplishments. Though separated by a generation this record will enable Isabella to see herself in each of you and through your lens. She will be given a better appreciation of your life and who you really are." These were well received and I'm glad I did this for them and Bella. I'm sorry to say that I did not record the process I took to make them or the final product.

After dinner we introduced Andy to our family tradition of Bocce... let's just say, there will be a rematch in the near future :)

The usual debate... which is closer to the pallina?

Andy's first Bocce game
We are all hopeful for the return visit of Uncle Alan and the rest of the Trovato/Oravetz clan this Christmas! Fingers crossed!














4 comments:

  1. Eric and I have been wanting to go to Serenbe for awhile. It looks beautiful and a nice place for a day trip. We may have to make our way down there soon:) And I love the pic of Bella picking out her cupcake, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I recommend checking it out.. especially with beautiful fall weather coming soon ;)

      Delete
  2. We play bocce ball in my Elyse's backyard all the time! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice camera work, cuz! Looks like you had a great time with Gruncle Alan. That name made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete