Friday, September 7, 2012

I Like My Job... a Lot

Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life.   - Confucius 


In 2002 I came to Kennesaw State University as a nineteen year old freshmen looking forward to my next 4 (or 5) years of college experience... I graduated in 2007 and ten years later I am back, but this time as a staff member. Last year I stumbled across a job search seeking graphic designers to work in the University Relations department for KSU. I applied and a few months later snagged the job - its nice to be back at my Alma Mater and it is definatley refreshing to see the growth and progress the school has made since I graduated. 

KSU’s national reputation has gained steam and was recognized by U.S. News & World Report's America’s Best Colleges issue in 2010 as one of the top universities in the region.  <---That is an awesome stat!

I am proud to be a part of something so awesome!

Our department's office space just got expanded and revamped.... best part is, I finally got my own office - no more cubicle!



Of course I had to add a few touches of me... Disney Poster, DIY "Pintrest Inspired" Frames :)


The following are some recent designs I've worked on for KSU, some have been published/printed and others are works in progress:


My first opportunity to design the University's Magazine (cover-to-cover).

https://web.kennesaw.edu/news/publications


Ad Campaign for The WellStar College of Health and Human Services - This was one in a series of 3 ads that appeared in
The Georgia Trend Magazine and was also made into a billboard on Hwy. 16



2012-13 "All Sports" 18 x 24 Poster 

11 x 17 Poster

11 x 17 Poster

Tri-fold Schedule Card

Men's & Women's Basketball Ticketing Tri-fold Brochure (Work in Progress)

Men's & Women's Basketball Ticketing Tri-fold Brochure (Work in Progress)

Annual Report (Work in Progress)

Logo (Work in Progress)

I have recently "celebrated" my one year anniversary of being hired on and I am very enthusiastic to see what new projects lie ahead...I'll post more of my work as it is either finished or almost finished.






2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! You are so talented. My favorite is the global blueprint. Love seeing your Mickey touches in your office :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve only the best J-O-B ! So happy for your new creative outlet =)

    ReplyDelete