Bella's 3rd Birthday Party
Bella's favorite Disney Princess/character is Rapunzel from the animated movie, Tangled. I chose to use the movie for inspiration and theme to Bella's 3rd birthday party. I spent at least a month planning and creating all the aspects of party from the decor to the cake and games/activities - and I enjoyed every minute! (I have been told that I should do themed birthday party designs part time LOL). Bella talked about her birthday for weeks and weeks ("is it my birthday YET?"); when the morning finally came so was so excited she could hardly contain her happiness; it was completely worth every second of the planning.
 |
| The invitation |
Decor
I had a pretty small budget to work with to buy materials to decorate, so I decided that the best thing to do would be to make them myself. I found some tutorials on making the hanging paper flowers, lanterns and bunting and kept with a purple, pink and yellow color scheme. Along with the hanging decor, I made some frames that I will continue to make for every birthday that will have her birthday photo in it so (that we can see the progression of her age), a door wreath, and I mimicked the floating lanterns painting that Rapunzel paints in the movie.
 |
| One of Bella's favorite lines in the movie ("Best Day Ever!!!!") |
 |
| Favors included bubbles, stickers, and paint and paintbrush sets |
 |
| This now serves as the welcome wreath on Bella's bedroom door |
 |
| Rapunzel's Floating Lights |
The Cake
The toughest feat was the cake. We absolutely HAD to make the tower, there really was no question about it. Louie and I carefully planned out the design and spent half the week making it. Bella was in awe when she woke up the morning of her birthday and saw the cake all put together (totally worth working on it till 3 am!). It turned out great and was delicious! If we had more time on the weekend, I don't think Louie and I would mind doing these as a side business.
 |
| The cake was almost 100% edible - the only parts that were not were the support PVC and bracket with board (which was wrapped in cellophane and covered with rice krispy treats to give it that bumpy stone texture) and the Rapunzel and Flynn Rider figures that we added to the bottom layer of the cake. |
 |
| After working a full day at the restaurant my husband the champ came home at midnight and stayed up till 3am to finish this cake! |
 |
| Mmmmm mmmmm! |
The Games
It was a challenge to come up with games that I thought the kids, ages ranging from 2 - 6, would understand. I decided on the classic "Pin the tail on the donkey" game but changed it to "Pin the braid on Rapunzel". We also did "Maximus' apple toss" and I had an arts and crafts station set up with coloring sheets and we made and decorated paper lanterns. All in all, the kids had fun and stayed entertained.
 |
| Kara was one of the first to brave the blindfold for the game. |
 |
| Priceless! |
 |
| Sammy |
Friends and Family
We are so blessed to have had so many people who love and care about our daughter come out to celebrate her birthday. Thank you all for making Bella's birthday party such a special memory!!
 |
| Cousin Cameron & Bella |
 |
| Rune & Evan |
 |
| Alex (Gordo) |
 |
| Mariana, Christy ( Aunt Cee Cee), Andy, Nonnie |
 |
| Kim (Aunt Kimmie) |
 |
| Dad (Paw Paw) and Cousin Addie |
 |
| Tami (Aunt GG) |
Credit where it is deserved
I'm so lucky to have a friend and a father who are better photographers than I - I'd like to thank them for taking the majority of these photos :) Thanks Dad & David!
Love it! We had a great time at the party! You should see the decor I made for a baby shower I hosted last weekend, you would be proud.
ReplyDeleteI heard you hosted one, how fun! Did u get pics?
DeleteWhat an adorable party! Everything looks awesome!
ReplyDelete