Friday, July 19, 2013

Mother - Daughter

Playing dress up

A few weeks ago I was reminiscing about my wedding day...I can't believe it was 6 years ago. I remembered that I still had my dressing hanging in the guest room closet - I haven't laid my eyes on it since my wedding day. I thought Bella would enjoy seeing it so I pull it out, laid it on the bed, opened it up. I didn't have the money to have it preserved after the wedding, we were so broke, so I knew I might not find the dress in the best condition. I was right, the sequins on the top part of the dress were all yellowed and the bottom of the dress was soiled from dancing. Luckily, I didn't spend a ridiculous amount on the dress. Bella won't ever get to wear this on HER wedding day and probably just as well, I"m sure the styles will change in 20+ years when she is ready to be a bride (At least my veil is in great condition and she can use that). Just then, I remembered a pin on pintrest that made suggestions for photography of young girls; one was photos of your little girl in your wedding dress. I proposed the plan to Bella and, of course, she was excited to play dress up, especially with mommy's dress. I slipped it over her head, pulled out my veil, pearl necklace and bracelet, and grabbed the silk flower arrangement that I saved from my wedding rehearsal. Looking at her in MY wedding dress, although it was many sizes too large for her little baby body, I had chills. This was the perfect alternative - a great way to remember her in my dress since I didn't preserve it for her wedding day; at least I could capture her beauty and innocence in this way.  The photos came out great, I look forward to displaying them at her wedding.... in the distant future.












No comments:

Post a Comment