Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Ice Cream Social Gender Reveal!


We decided to take a different route in finding out the baby's gender with this pregnancy; with Bella, we enjoyed finding out together via sonogram, this time I took the harmony blood test and got the results at 11weeks and had help from my sister to keep the secret and planned a gender reveal party! It was really fun to find out the same time as all our family and close friends, plus we all enjoyed a little summer ice cream treat!

We made sure to have everything for this ice cream social – vanilla, strawberry swirl and chocolate ice cream, plus Louie made some homemade peanut butter ice cream (per my request). We also had all kinds of toppings, whipped cream, homemade caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, sugar cones, waffle cones, and we even offered coke and rootbeer floats! Everyone enjoyed their cold treat - especially the kids! Before the big reveal I had everyone participate in an "Old Wives Tale Quiz" and threw in my own symptoms to see if that changed anyone's original guess on the gender.







Guarding the door where the balloons are being hidden




This big sister to be is so excited with anticipation

Bella enjoying ice cream with her buddies

Team BLUE!

Team PINK!


THE BIG REVEAL!

 
Open video in YOUTUBE to see a larger view






2 comments:

  1. How exciting! It looked like a great time, wish we could have been there. You will love being a mama to a boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could have come! Yes, raising a boy will be different, but I know I'll love it :)

      Delete